DE-CODING AVOCADO DELIGHTS!
A Nutri-rich powerhouse of energy
Avocado is a superfood known for its numerous qualities and health benefits which provide the body with a complete balance of various essential nutrients and antioxidants. Having known for its domestication in America to Mexico and roots in Spain as well, the fruit has been used in several exotic delicacies across the globe and is a favourite of many of us. while avocados are as trendy and fashionable as ever, this represents merely a resurgence of this superfood’s popularity. The produce with dark green, knobby skin, buttery texture and fresh, mild taste has a surprisingly rich & creamy heritage.
Also Try: Summer Coolers: Chilling Refreshing Ideas This Season!
Health Benefits of Avocado:
- Aids in digestion & weight management.
- Rich in anti-aging & antioxidant properties
- Good for the eyes & brain.
- Helps treat Vitamin- K deficiency.
- Reduces inflammation in tissues, muscles & joints.
- Good for the skin, and helps keep it glowing.
- A compound called beta-sit sterol in avocado has been found helping cholesterol levels.
- Helps to detoxify the body.
- Good source of potassium & folate.
- A great immunity-boosting ingredient.
Also Try: THE TALE OF KALE – THE SUPERFOOD!
How to Prepare an Avocado before being used?
- Always prefer a firm avocado while purchasing it, do not go for the very soft and mushy ones.
- Check for bruises or cuts on the skin or surface, avoid those.
- Handle them with care and prepare them just close to use as far as possible to prevent their oxidation.
- Ripe avocados can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days wrap them in kitchen towels/cling wrap.
- Peel them, remove the stone carefully and handle the flesh with care, sprinkle fresh lime juice on them to maintain their colour and a dash of salt to keep up the bite in it.
- Olive oil or even avocado oil goes well with avocado when it comes to salads or tossing them up in a dip or salsa.
Also try: PICKING ON VEGGIE WONDERS
Uses of Avocado in the Kitchen:
- Avocados are versatile as a fruit that is delicious in salads, sandwiches, tacos, soups, and dips like the most popular guacamole!
- Indian cuisine, however, has not found it being used in our local recipes but yes, as a chef, I have used it with chicken tikka on a canapé with a pesto chutney, with a chilled pasta salad adding it with a dash of chaat masala and tamarind chutney for the spike!
Some popular dishes with Avocado also include:
- Avocado & sun-dried tomato bruschetta Italian concept.
- Avocado & roast chicken salad with minted sour cream dressing.
- Chilled avocado and basil soup with olives and flaxseeds.
- Lime & Avocado hummus with burnt garlic toasties.
- Baked Avocado mash with browned onions and sweet potatoes.
- Avocado and assorted lettuce wraps with virgin olive oil and eggplant dip.
- Avocado oil is also a good option to use in preparing healthy dips, dressing, spreads and marination for chicken or fish for grilling.
Also Try: FLAVOURS OF ASSAMESE CUISINE
Here are a few interesting and easy recipes using Avocados:
Recipe-1] CHICKEN AND AVOCADO SANDWICHES
Recipe-2] AVOCADO DELIGHT BOWL
Recipe-3] AVOCADOS AND TOMATOES ON TOAST
Recipe-4] HERBED AVOCADO DIP
Recipe-5] HEALTHY AVOCADO SMOOTHIE
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are of the author solely. TheRise.co.in neither endorses nor is responsible for them. Reproducing this content without permission is prohibited.
About the author
Dr. Kaviraj Khialani – celebrity master chef - is a Mumbai-based author, writer, academician, food –health-lifestyle coach, mentor & consultant.
He is specialized in over 33 International Cuisines & has worked with brands like the Taj Group of Hotels, Kuwait Airways to name a few. Chef Kaviraj has been awarded several Global and National Awards for his outstanding performance and achievements in his chosen field. He has been featured on Star Plus and Colors Television on several food shows as well.
2 thoughts on “DE-CODING AVOCADO DELIGHTS!”
Pingback: Magnificent Mango: Special Fiesta - TheRise.co.in
Pingback: Eggless Cakes - A Treat from Oven - TheRise.co.in