SOUPS TO SOJOURN – WINTER SPECIAL
Soup is often referred to as one of those concepts related to our menus and diets which is not only fulfilling, healthy and wholesome but also adds value, versatility, and variety into our day-to-day cooking especially when it comes to the onset of the winter season to beat the chilling thrills on a cool evening. A bowl of hot soup, well-seasoned and flavored complete with all its essentials, be it the color combinations, the crunch, or the garnish, every single ingredient has a very important role to play when it comes to soup making.
Also Try: AS COZY AS CANAPES
While for some soups are a little not too interesting as a concept to work with regularly. Being a chef, it is one of the easiest categories on the menu to saute, simmer and serve enticing and exciting bowlfuls to our valued guests and foodies. Be it the desi flavours with Indian spices to add to the robust aromas of soups to the mild aromatics from global cuisines which create that perfect melange in that simmering pot of delicacy, balance is the key that needs to be kept in mind at all times.
Also Try: GOURMET DELICACIES WITH SAUSAGES
Some of the Basic Essentials when working with Soups:
1. A good choice of ingredients: the nature and character of a well-made soup depend on the options and variety of ingredients used in making the same. Be it seasonal availability or veggies available all year round it is important to make a wise choice and use them in a proper ratio and combination.
Also Try: WINTER SPECIAL: SWEET POTATO DELICACIES
2. A good stock to flavour: a stock has been a base and a foundation of making a good soup. A well-made stock involves a good choice of fresh Mirepoix including onions, carrots, celery, leeks, parsley, etc with a touch of spice using bay leaves, peppercorns, etc is a must-have on hand before starting a soup recipe.
Also Try: THE GLOBAL KHICHDI FIESTA
3. A well-balanced recipe: besides having the best choice of ingredients and pre-preps on hand it is advisable to design a recipe that formulates the correct, accurate, and wise use of ingredients in proportion to create a great taste and dining experience for our guests and for all of us.
Also Try: METHI MANTRA
4. An appropriate method of cooking: a soup is best made when it applies to certain methods and heat applications like being simmered and cooked appropriately to the right texture and degree of doneness for the veggies/ non-veggie components which are a part of a soup recipe. The correct quantity of liquid content, cooked correctly can make it a hit.
Also Try: SENSATIONAL STRAWBERRY DELIGHTS
5. Accompaniments to go along with soups: a choice of ingredients from small cubes of fried/ toasted bread termed as croutons are an all-time favorite with for example a cream of tomato soup, similarly we usually look forward to having fried noodles with our Chinese soups like Manchow, hot-n-sour soups, a bread basket, soup sticks with cream of chicken or mushroom soup.
Also Try: THE LEMONGRASS TRIVIA
Here are a few of my choicest recipes to try out this winter season with soups:
Recipe-1] CLEAR CHICKEN AND VEGGIE SOUP
Recipe-2] HERBED MUSHROOM AND ONION SOUP
Recipe-3] MINTED GREEN GODDESS BOWL
Recipe-4] MIX VEG DELIGHT SOUP
Recipe-5] SOY TOFU SOUP
Recipe-6] TOMACINO CUPPA SPECIAL
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are of the author solely. TheRise.co.in neither endorses nor is responsible for them.
About the author
Dr. Kaviraj Khialani – celebrity master chef - is a Mumbai-based author, writer, academician, food –health-lifestyle coach, mentor & consultant.
He is specialized in over 33 International Cuisines & has worked with brands like the Taj Group of Hotels, Kuwait Airways to name a few. Chef Kaviraj has been awarded several Global and National Awards for his outstanding performance and achievements in his chosen field. He has been featured on Star Plus and Colors Television on several food shows as well.
3 thoughts on “SOUPS TO SOJOURN – WINTER SPECIAL”
Pingback: SNAPPING ON SNOW PEAS - TheRise.co.in
Pingback: IN FAVOR OF FRITTATA - TheRise.co.in
Pingback: VALENTINE DAY TREATS - TheRise.co.in