Nutritionally balanced & healthy
A banana is an elongated, edible fruit botanically a berry produced by several kinds of large herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Musa. In some countries, bananas used for cooking may be called “plantains”, distinguishing them from dessert bananas.
On maturity, bananas are yellow and about 6 inches long, whereas plantains are green or black and approximately 12 inches long. The main physical difference between plantains and green bananas is that plantains have narrow and elongated ends that seem pointy, whereas green bananas have short, rounded ends.
Also Try: BURMESE DELICACIES TO INDULGE INTO
Health Benefits of Raw Bananas:
- Raw bananas are rich in fibre content and are a great source for our body, they are also considered heart-healthy foods.
- Raw bananas are good for diabetics and are also loaded with vitamins.
- Raw bananas are well composed with resistant starch and they are good for weight loss.
- Raw bananas help in cleaning up the digestive tract and also relieve us from stomach cramps.
- Raw bananas are also a rich source of potassium and can also benefit in lowering our blood pressure issues.
Here are a few of my favourite easy to dish out Recipes with Raw Bananas:
Recipe-1] QUICK FIX RAW BANANA
Recipe-2] LENTIL AND RAW BANANA DUET
Recipe-3] DUM WALI KAACHE KELE KI BIRYANI
Recipe-4] RAW BANANA IN TEMPERED YOGHURT MIX
Recipe-5] RAW BANANA TADKA CURRY
Recipe-6] MASALEDAAR RAW BANANA STIR FRY
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are of the author solely. TheRise.co.in neither endorses nor is responsible for them. Reproducing this content without permission is prohibited.
About the author
Dr. Kaviraj Khialani – celebrity master chef - is a Mumbai-based author, writer, academician, food –health-lifestyle coach, mentor & consultant.
He is specialized in over 33 International Cuisines & has worked with brands like the Taj Group of Hotels, Kuwait Airways to name a few. Chef Kaviraj has been awarded several Global and National Awards for his outstanding performance and achievements in his chosen field. He has been featured on Star Plus and Colors Television on several food shows as well.