CHOICE OF LENTILS TO LEAD OUR HEALTH QUOTIENT
Dals, or lentils as we know them. are one of the most important components of our Indian food and menu system which not only creates a good balance in our meals but also adds variety and flavours to try out every time we think there’s a repetition of a sense of boredom. Desi delectable dals have the potential to add to the health quotient.
Having dals in our diet is a good idea but the very common question we come across is how to make them differently for a change and incorporate some new feature into the regular existing choices.
Also Read: The Paratha Parade
It is a simple thought process by which we can make changes in the way we cook. The fact of the matter lies in whether we are open to accepting change first? Needs to be addressed. If yes, then the innovative variants and possibilities are endless. I have tried out more than thirty options with dal recipes by which I may not be repeating the similar style for the entire month, which surely answers the question.
Adding a little mix-n-match and unusual additions to a dal recipe also results in a new delicacy that can be adventurous and experimental for many of us. For instance, adding a little choice of veggies to it, additions of a few select spices, adding some different variety of tempering or tadka, combining dals and creating new combinations, making them a part of one meal dish concepts like a khichdi version with several flavours as well can definitely help us have a new experience each time we are ready with a touch of creativity in our daily dals.
Also Read: FANTABULOUS FRENCH BEANS
Health Benefits of Dals/ Lentils:
1. Lentils are considered good for weight loss and are also alkalising in our bodies.
2. Dals are protein-rich foods and are also energy-boosting.
3. Lentils are good to lower cholesterol levels and are also regarded as good for heart health.
4. Dals are low in salt content and they stabilise blood sugar.
5. Lentils are also high in fibre and iron content, good for us.
6. Dals are also rich in potassium, calcium, zinc, niacin.
7. Lentils aid in digestion and are also good for bowel movements.
8. Dals also help in reducing the relaxing cardiovascular muscles.
Also Read: Brown Rice Relishes
Here are a few easy to make recipes using Dals/ Lentils:
Recipe-1] TRIDALI MELA
Recipe-2] MASOOR DAL MASALA
Recipe-3] MOONG KI DAL WITH PALAK KA SWAD
Recipe-4] CHATPATI CHANE KI DAL
Recipe-5] DAL GOSHT KA MILAN
Recipe-6] ZAIKE DAAR DAL MAKHANI
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are of the author solely. TheRise.co.in neither endorses nor is responsible for them.