French beans one of the great vegetables at our service all year round having loads of benefits to offer us has somehow not been utilized to the utmost capacity as we should, hence it is important to highlight a few essential positives it has for us to enable consuming it once in a while for sure. French beans are fantabulous and should be made part of the healthy diet.
Also Read: Let’s Cook Cool This Summer!
Especially in these Covid times, we all need to be slightly more aware and use certain ingredients in our cooking to keep us high on immunity levels and also keep us fit overall too.
Also Read: The Cozy Cauliflower
Talking about its uses in the kitchen we have usually prepared it in the form of subzis like the thoran concept, or the foogath from south India, however, it can be actively used in making salads, soups, stir-fries, side dishes, baked dishes, goes well with our Burmese Khow-Suey, Thai curries, Malaysian curries, Chinese, French & Sri-Lankan cuisines also use quite a bit of bean as well. I like the beans to be a crunch to bite when eaten and suggest everyone not to overcook them and have it with a little bite!
Also Read: Brown Rice Relishes
Let us have a look at Top 5 Health Benefits of French beans:
- French beans are great anti-oxidants and are a great immunity-boosting ingredient.
- French beans are rich in fiber & folate as well.
- French beans help protect our cells and also known to be good for cardiovascular health.
- French beans are rich in protein and omega 3 levels, besides being rich in Vitamin –A, B, C, and Vitamin K.
- French beans are low in calories, nutrient-dense food and also good for bones and healthy heart as well.
Let us all indulge ourselves in a few simple, easy and tasty recipes with French bean this Summer Season!
Also Read: Serene Superfoods!
Recipe-1] ACHARI FRENCH BEAN SALAD
Recipe-2] STIR FRIED DESI FRASBI
Recipe-3] BEAN & CHICKEN FRIED RICE
Recipe- 4] CURRIED FRENCH BEANS
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are of the author solely. TheRise.co.in neither endorses nor is responsible for them.