Trivia of the Stone Fruit: Let’s Have a Meet with Peach
Peaches are also called stone fruits because they have a shell of hardwood around their seed (called a stone or a pit). The skin of the peach is orange or yellowish in colour and is covered in small hairs called peach fuzz. A peach without the fuzz is called a nectarine! Here is the trivia of the stone fruit.
Also Read: The Praiseworthy Pomegranate
The inside of the peach is golden in colour and has a mixed taste of sweet and sour; a little sticky to the touch. Peaches first came from China and have become popular worldwide. While some say it is also regarded as the national fruit of Afghanistan its presence today has a name for itself the world over. Peaches are also botanically regarded as a drupe. While the culinary uses of peach are many to count from the jams, marmalade, chutneys, being served in fruit salads, in soufflé, desserts, and beverages, peach cobbler is a popular American sweet as well besides the peach smoothies and health-shakes, not to skip the cinnamon and date marinated stuffed peach cups with brownies baked and topped with Gulkhand rabdi is a fusion delight!
Also Read: Makhana Magic
Here are 10 Health Benefits of Peaches:
- Peaches are rich in fiber and anti-oxidants.
- Peaches are good to have as they boost our immune system.
- Peaches are also good fiber fruit to be consumed.
- Peaches are good for the eye health and strengthens vision.
- Peach is also considered good as it detoxifies our system.
- Peach is also rich in essential vitamins and high in potassium.
- Peach helps control high cholesterol levels in our body.
- Peaches are heart healthy foods and good for our skin too.
- Peaches assist in smooth liver and kidney functioning.
- Peach aids in digestion and is beneficial on the whole.
Here are a few easy to make recipes with peaches:
Recipe 1: Healthy Peach and Chia Shake
Recipe 2: Love for Peach Salad
Recipe 3: Peach and Pasta Salad
Recipe 4: Crunch and Punch on Peach
Recipe 5: Spiced Baked Peach Pudding
Recipe 6: Indo Fusion Peach Ka Meeta
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are of the author solely. TheRise.co.in neither endorses nor is responsible for them.
About the author
Dr. Kaviraj Khialani – celebrity master chef - is a Mumbai-based author, writer, academician, food –health-lifestyle coach, mentor & consultant.
He is specialized in over 33 International Cuisines & has worked with brands like the Taj Group of Hotels, Kuwait Airways to name a few. Chef Kaviraj has been awarded several Global and National Awards for his outstanding performance and achievements in his chosen field. He has been featured on Star Plus and Colors Television on several food shows as well.